Leadership: Questions I ask to myself as a Leader
I always have a question ; Am I a good leader? I don’t know. But I have the responsibility to achieve some worthy goals, that’s why I have the team. How well I am leading?
Let me ask some questions to myself,
- Everyone in organization is client to me. Do I prepare myself for every question she may ask?
- Selling idea/suggestion to my boss, my colleague & my direct report is my responsibility. She buys or not that’s her decision. Do I try to convince her with right examples?
- Arguing is pointless & time wastage. If I can’t convince, Do I listen, think and then speak humbly?
- Do I make sure that people around me don’t afraid/shy away to ask me the status or assign me the task or to give me my feedback?
- Do I feed forward the people instead of giving same feedback again & again?
- Do I help people to achieve their goals and give credit to them?
- Do I try to lead and get the things done without authority?
- Do I try to raise my humble voice without official authority, if anything is happening wrong?
- Do I ask right question to the people at the right time?
- Do people around me find me hard working & passionate about the shared vision? and am I?
- Do I stay away from making the comments that hurts the feeling of people or cultural values?
- Do I think/provide the solution instead of discussing or being a part of the problem?
- Do I accept & acknowledge my mistakes and limitations?
- Am I strengthening the relationship with the people who are passionate about the shared vision?
- After following all above practices, Do I have the ability to achieve the goals with maximum high standards?